I’m pleased to present the first ever giveaway here at Don’t Feed the Alligators. The folks at Baby Signs, Inc. have been gracious enough to provide a Potty Training Made Easy with the Baby Signs Program kit. Now I know that this won’t interest some of you, but you can always give this to friends with a toddler!
ScrapperMom has written before about our great results with the use of sign language over the last 9 months with our 19 month old daughter. Linda left a comment on that post that introduced us to the product featured below. She pointed out that you can save LOTS of money on diapers by training your toddler as soon as possible. You can find out how to enter to win at the bottom of this post.
Everything you and your baby need to make potty training fun and easy! Kit includes 5 exciting products:
- A Parent’s Guide to Potty Training Made Easy with the Baby Signs® Program This straightforward parent guide from trusted child development experts will help you confidently lead your baby to potty success. Includes illustrated Signing Glossary.
- All Aboard the Potty Train DVD With its catchy tunes, delightful animation and real kids, this exciting DVD will teach your baby five potty-time signs and reinforce each step of the potty routine.
- All Aboard the Potty Train Lift-the-Flap Book Your baby will love discovering the potty-time signs hidden under each flap in this fun and interactive board book featuring the DiaperDoodles™.
- Job Well Done! Stickers These colorful reward stickers feature fun images and positive messages such as “Good Job!”, “I’m on the Potty Train!” and “I Rode the Potty Train!”
- All Aboard the Potty Train Conductor’s Whistle Whether to signal it’s time to go potty or to “sound the trumpet of success,” this fun-to-blow whistle will put a smile on your baby’s face when it’s potty time.
ScrapperMom, Daughter #1, and I have had a chance to review the DVD and while it’s a bit repetitive for my tastes, Daughter #1 gives it two little thumbs up. In fact, she is happy to sit on her potty, and sign along with the babies in the video! It looks like she’ll enjoy the lift the flap book, and it’s not clear yet whether she’ll be able to figure out how to blow the whistle. The parents’ guide book is really interesting and points out that like so many other things in our daily lives, it’s big business (namely the disposable diaper companies) that has delayed the onset of potty training in the United States. In fact, there is a vested interest in keeping kids in diapers as long as possible.
At a $40 value, this set should keep toddlers entertained while giving Mom and Dad clear guidance on how to get started with what is usually thought of as a frustrating and arduous task. We have already ordered our own set, so you could say that this product has the Don’t Feed the Alligators seal of approval.
To Enter to Win this great set, simply subscribe to this blog, if you haven’t already, using either an RSS Reader or by email by filling out the form below. Then send me an email with the secret phrase that appears at the bottom of the post you receive via the subscription feed. Contest entries will be accepted through midnight EDT on August 15. One lucky winner will be drawn at random using a random number generator. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries. While no purchase is necessary, the folks over at Baby Signs sure would appreciate your business!
Subscribe in a reader
– OR –